PDA

View Full Version : Warn Industries Conversation Thread

FSHJNKY
08-14-2017, 02:33 PM
Warn Industries is now a sponsor of ExploringNH. Please consider them when making your off-road purchases. I will be installing a Warn winch and recovery gear in next week or so. Let's support another US based company. The Warn name and reputation speaks for itself. I will post up some install pics and videos and some wheeling pics and videos when I use them. The Warn gear will also be used during the upcoming Overlanding/Offroading 101/102 training session.

cda
08-14-2017, 02:53 PM
Warn Industries is now a sponsor of ExploringNH. Please consider them when making your off-road purchases. I will be installing a Warn winch and recovery gear in next week or so. Let's support another US based company. The Warn name and reputation speaks for itself. I will post up some install pics and videos and some wheeling pics and videos when I use them. The Warn gear will also be used during the upcoming Overlanding/Offroading 101/102 training session.

Nice!!! That's great news Paul!

MattJ
08-16-2017, 08:22 AM
https://un9asw-dm2305.files.1drv.com/y4mRQIMQ8fjC0w7Ch_zRA9FlL9_RZzm5QfYJ0_dNFIm11o1RvQ yS5CXUwBJQClevrWSuwrTugEZwf-pCAYJR4hRTtAzD4VuWTPZl6V5np4ukaPfeslxBBG9VsZZndqJs sQrQzbfsAnRTUJDs0lUqBJ9ZLcVBVmZtTEbs_RqjhFZNVrHFVO X6pwcYdnhHXbboLeE9zcRAE9HH_oC92fIvCvdCQ?width=1043&height=829&cropmode=none

MT_686
08-18-2017, 05:10 PM
This is awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtyler11
08-19-2017, 04:18 PM
This is great! I've been looking at winches to fill the bumper when it arrives (soon). Has anyone had issues with a Wan winch? problems with warranty work? I'm considering a VR10 but am curious (concerned?) that the VR line is built in china (quality control concern) and I just can't justify the $$$ for a Zeon or M8000.

FSHJNKY
08-19-2017, 04:47 PM
This is great! I've been looking at winches to fill the bumper when it arrives (soon). Has anyone had issues with a Wan winch? problems with warranty work? I'm considering a VR10 but am curious (concerned?) that the VR line is built in china (quality control concern) and I just can't justify the $$$ for a Zeon or M8000.
Sent an email off to my contact at Warn. She is usually pretty quick to reply so hopefully I will have an answer for you in the next day or two. She did tell me to direct people to cs@warn.com as well as 800-543-9276.

bob
08-20-2017, 10:43 PM
This is great! I've been looking at winches to fill the bumper when it arrives (soon). Has anyone had issues with a Wan winch? problems with warranty work? I'm considering a VR10 but am curious (concerned?) that the VR line is built in china (quality control concern) and I just can't justify the $$$ for a Zeon or M8000."Built in China" is not an automatic quality control issue. You get what you pay for, and the same goes for suppliers, in this case Warn. They pay a certain amount to have whatever built with an expectation of a certain level of quality from those building it. Likely they expect more and thus pay more for it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

FSHJNKY
08-21-2017, 09:43 AM
Received a response from Warn this morning:

Paul –

The VR winches are built in China. However, these are built to our specifications/design. We engineered the winch and then found a manufacturer to build it. Our quality and purchasing go over there several times a year to make sure material and manufacturing is up to our specs. When the winches come in, they go through a complete inspection before being entered into our distribution and if there is anything wrong, they are held and either fixed or in an extreme case sent back.

We did not, like some companies that get winches from China, buy a winch already being manufactured over there and “slap” our label on it.

I know this will still not make some happy, but this is the way of the world and in order to compete, sometimes you have to outsource. I hope this answers your questions. Warranty is the same as our other winches, limited lifetime to the original owner against any manufacturer defects. No warranty on the rope and the electrical has a 7 year limited warranty to original owner.

mtyler11
08-21-2017, 11:01 AM
"Built in China" is not an automatic quality control issue. You get what you pay for, and the same goes for suppliers, in this case Warn. They pay a certain amount to have whatever built with an expectation of a certain level of quality from those building it. Likely they expect more and thus pay more for it.

Paul –

The VR winches are built in China. However, these are built to our specifications/design. We engineered the winch and then found a manufacturer to build it. Our quality and purchasing go over there several times a year to make sure material and manufacturing is up to our specs. When the winches come in, they go through a complete inspection before being entered into our distribution and if there is anything wrong, they are held and either fixed or in an extreme case sent back.

We did not, like some companies that get winches from China, buy a winch already being manufactured over there and “slap” our label on it.

I know this will still not make some happy, but this is the way of the world and in order to compete, sometimes you have to outsource. I hope this answers your questions. Warranty is the same as our other winches, limited lifetime to the original owner against any manufacturer defects. No warranty on the rope and the electrical has a 7 year limited warranty to original owner.

This makes me feel much better about paying $$ for an 'ounce of prevention'. THank you both. Time to clean the couch for change...

bob
08-21-2017, 07:20 PM

Paul –

I know this will still not make some happy, but this is the way of the world and in order to compete, sometimes you have to outsource. I hope this answers your questions. Warranty is the same as our other winches, limited lifetime to the original owner against any manufacturer defects. No warranty on the rope and the electrical has a 7 year limited warranty to original owner.Good answer!
Do they monitor/read exploringnh to provide first person responses to questions or do you have to forward it to them? Just wondering fron a vendor/site relations standpoint.

mb523
08-21-2017, 07:48 PM
This is great to hear! I will now FOR SURE consider a Warn winch once I outgrow / kill my current Shi**yBuilt winch (and once I bounce back from the LQ9 swap costs).

FSHJNKY
08-21-2017, 07:54 PM
Good answer!
Do they monitor/read exploringnh to provide first person responses to questions or do you have to forward it to them? Just wondering fron a vendor/site relations standpoint.

To my knowledge it is just me emailing them and replying, but there is nothing stopping them from looking and they have all of the forum information and such so they could most certainly take a look around.

MattJ
11-04-2018, 08:53 PM
Here's the Warn build at SEMA 2018:

https://xw3jpq.dm.files.1drv.com/y4m6LK9BPLzWlf8AGWXCmXI1wOPo16UI7m88zMquswGl9hwhMr Qt9DHQ0RYS-BN8WnP2UwG6sP-eS2R1zpbQyU6DXgkGhSiFOcEKIHR9zyDQkKYA17HjpFp7U_hMG WAFyEDieIa9fUh7juHPHm5yyh73tVWGXUCFlUhMZOqSSCPBO0M EQun_8IsB5OTV5Pc69__K3VlOn-yTDb-ZFaVEojHUw?width=660&height=440&cropmode=none

https://xw3gpq.dm.files.1drv.com/y4mkm9pzPfFzWOm4MskjO5V1qcEff_wy_OdEEatGD9hN-Sg45ZzLgGrUu8NuAjHTWNpYYcyl-c8-Z_cCJmRXlKjQ-Twh9B5j2Od7DugNlBJCUe0ATvDvl-4_Yn2ScgJjj7uVO-Rsy8Z0n2wZ5zuDT5bZnDbH58teBddeueLZK4Fjjb-FwiwbeCzwdxFabVsuFjVhivtlPFdAd57tidvhNLR6A?width=6 60&height=440&cropmode=none

agent smith
11-04-2018, 11:15 PM
Is that wheelbase in two different area codes.:eek6:

Ivoryring
11-05-2018, 06:37 AM
As a reminder for those that may not have seen my issues before...

On Angry Trout Guy, my Zeon winch stopped working while I was pulling a Taco up. Stopped as in, the motor continued to respond to the controller, but the drum didn't move. Was unable to freespool it. At home I broke two of the stainless mounting screws trying to take the cover off to asses the situation. I brought it down to Hoaks 4WD in PA this spring and it turns out the drum flange split from the drum on one side, spreading the entire winch in the process, which is why the screws were so tightly bound. They said that this was a failure they have seen before on the ATV winches but never on the full size ones. It was repaired (without making me go through 20 questions about how it got damaged) and shipped back to me at no cost to me. They even replaced the synthetic rope, which was entirely unexpected as they state in multiple places that the rope is not covered by the warranty.

mtyler11
11-06-2018, 04:19 PM
Here's the Warn build at SEMA 2018:

https://xw3jpq.dm.files.1drv.com/y4m6LK9BPLzWlf8AGWXCmXI1wOPo16UI7m88zMquswGl9hwhMr Qt9DHQ0RYS-BN8WnP2UwG6sP-eS2R1zpbQyU6DXgkGhSiFOcEKIHR9zyDQkKYA17HjpFp7U_hMG WAFyEDieIa9fUh7juHPHm5yyh73tVWGXUCFlUhMZOqSSCPBO0M EQun_8IsB5OTV5Pc69__K3VlOn-yTDb-ZFaVEojHUw?width=660&height=440&cropmode=none

https://xw3gpq.dm.files.1drv.com/y4mkm9pzPfFzWOm4MskjO5V1qcEff_wy_OdEEatGD9hN-Sg45ZzLgGrUu8NuAjHTWNpYYcyl-c8-Z_cCJmRXlKjQ-Twh9B5j2Od7DugNlBJCUe0ATvDvl-4_Yn2ScgJjj7uVO-Rsy8Z0n2wZ5zuDT5bZnDbH58teBddeueLZK4Fjjb-FwiwbeCzwdxFabVsuFjVhivtlPFdAd57tidvhNLR6A?width=6 60&height=440&cropmode=noneHoly crap! Did they ducy tape a Ram bed-frame on that jeep tub?!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

MattJ
11-06-2018, 05:06 PM
https://xm3dpq.dm.files.1drv.com/y4mHoskFTiiH03aMGc0UiFunRYxsGUGZRCjEWIthU0JJDNg6wB MlH42QK6SLWEKOQY3Wxru9cvUWonogXtf9vpxsVKfq4xG6RRJD 9ScPF4W6qIGMO2p5n-Rg6kzoWL4ksYYe4dXTpoT92SYTGDWqc7MOhJXYgGX_QVjY3908 Uqf1WXMWY6mKQfe0nTQIiSC1PDbsw3J41F_OK6FGqVVjhag-Q?width=660&height=440&cropmode=none

https://xm3cpq.dm.files.1drv.com/y4m-u6cyKSP9w0rktYnhTnOmeNhNIzy1inO0VC2F0QuZ5pLnrv6034 G4Rj4RifP8Zl3UPJFlNoTVyHQKfEUZFNvEcdy5jch_P3oY7RBi acAv5JxKCPv3nFL6kLVS_f1MDIwpXxGo73KWrUMABw8pt4JpRi 8ptQmQp5eI9WPx30Qihm6tCtNU3DCJjLuN1n_qSP4KfKDG-FNGLYvVSzY_266Tw?width=660&height=440&cropmode=none

MattJ
11-07-2018, 05:30 PM
https://x23kpq.dm.files.1drv.com/y4mnMl6WR0gk7MrcZ9SadYIVPSERtdG4ZDtNjboFOT6KlFmkvO 4wsEtmO4OKQF0qW7ZnDIcOGvlOpqwLKap9YTcGUtJjC_JTbLfe _OhTbf0SvqeuWDEJJ35OA1T27SheJ-91tx-GfpbioelIemtIxlOyz2bdlLaK-lD17lDp6v5LUd8N0TIWdS8yTVHAQBgW1UtIV3blimRFBi3hDYz i515og?width=684&height=631&cropmode=none

NotThePainter
11-09-2018, 07:00 AM
I brought it down to Hoaks 4WD in PA this spring ...

And you need to almost drive by Rausch Creek to get to Hoaks, what a win!